As the name suggests, micro learning is presenting the learning material in a bit-sized exercise or short nuggets. The micro-learning modules are short, with 3 – 5 minutes long, and the method is highly suitable for the skill-based training purpose. The modules contain well-defined, focused content designed to achieve specific target objectives in the short time possible.
What is micro-learning?
Microlearning is a learning method that addresses a single learning objective in short nuggets format for encouraging the learner to understand, retain, and practice the attained skills in a more efficient way.
But, keep in mind microlearning approach is not snipping content from a long content rather delivering the whole idea in a short format. Also, microlearning principles don’t suit every learning objective. Always consult a professional instructional designer to check the feasibility of this learning method with your learning objectives.
- Economical: The short nuggets have reduced development cycle time, allowing the organization to generate more engaging courses at a reduced cost.
- Highly engaging:Unlike traditional learning, micro-learning includes the usage of Info graphics, flashcards, and videos that engage the learners efficiently.
- Better retention: The bite-sized learning with quizzes, assessments, and short games utilization gradually increases the concept retention rate with the learners.
- Mobile learning: Microlearning principles are highly suitable for mobile allowing the learner to get the training from anywhere at their preferred time.
- Compatibility: Learners have been given the opportunity to choose from a variety of devices like smartphones, tablets, laptops, and IPADs.
- Skill utilization: As the learner learns with fun, understands in detail, and retains the concept better, they utilize the attained skills effortlessly in their workplace.
For more details….CLICK